Simple Vostroyan Rough Rider


I recently got a good deal on a nice Vostroyan force and I thought the ancient look of these miniatures would lend themselves well to cavalry.

After the good amount of modeling to my last Rough Rider for the Ardwick 23rd, I wanted to try building a model requiring very little modeling work and using all GW parts.

I considered using a bear or the Mechanical Empire horse ( I might still use it as a counts as Mogul Kamir on cyber-steed) but decided to go simple.

I found an old Atillan Rough Rider blister for $8 at the local game store. It had all the essential parts; lance, rider legs and a horse, but I don't like the Genghis Khan look.

I trimmed off the fur and peak of the hat and made the Vostroyan Bearskin /Cossack hat of greenstuff using the device shaved from a lasrifle as the cap badge.

I decided the Cavalry would have unique uniforms and that I would not try to make him look exactly like a Vostroyan foot soldier.

The pistol was huge and goofy looking, not fine enough of a weapon for a Vostroyan , so I crafted a new pistol using a musket body with an added scope and lasrifle tip.

I also added a canteen and saddle bags and a bedroll from a space marine bike.





This conversion was very simple and I hope some of you will give it a try.

Check out the finished and painted model here.

John



Comments

  1. Lookin' good! Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is really well done! I don't know why, but I really like it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice conversion. Seem like you have a knack for rough riders. Both the sets youve done look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I finished painting it, check out the new post.

    John
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment