My 2nd scratchbuilt Hell Cannon!

After building my first Chaos Hell Cannon (click here for that post), I set to work on the second one. I created a similar body, but wanted to improve the look of the burning heat of the model. Therefore I added metal plating on the second one, which is all bursting away because of temperature and temperament.
Here's the scratchbuild:

And here is the painted version:
I feel I was more succesful in painting the heat. here's a top view:

A gaping maw:
and the back:


Here are the two together, one green and one red and one of the crewmembers. I am preparing a different kind of crew, but more about that later.

Hope this inspires!

Mike

Comments

  1. The first one was good, but this one is better. I can't wait to get blasted off of the table by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! There's something about that scribe too that reminds me of John Blanche.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks all.
    Dave: yeah, it's funny how a model looks different when you give him some hair. I was envisioning making him look like Draco Malfoy's dad in Harry Potter..anyhow, it's a great sculpt. I have to find out who did that one.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment